Hillsborough County – Find a study buddy before you go back to school
Job August 2, 2022 | 2:35 p.m.
Adoption fees waived for Pet Resource Center pets at its August back-to-school event
Find a study buddy before you go back to school by adopting a pet from Hillsborough County Pet Resource Center (PRC). The special adoption event will take place at the CRP this Saturday, August 6 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., just in time to find a sweet buddy to help your family enjoy the school year. All adoption fees are waived and all PRC pets are neutered or neutered, microchipped and vaccinated.
According FamilyEducation.comReading aloud to pets has many benefits, no matter what reading level the child has reached.
• Animals do not judge a child’s reading skills, which can encourage hesitant or struggling readers to practice and gain confidence.
• Reading aloud to animals helps improve literacy skills and has a positive effect on attitudes towards reading in young learners.
• Animals also benefit from story time. It can help fussy dogs and cats develop social skills if they need extra attention for anxiety.
The back-to-school adoption event takes place during the summer, traditionally a time when pet populations skyrocket at shelters across the country. PRC is currently largely over capacity.
Hundreds of adoptable cats and dogs can be seen online at HCFLGov.net/Adopt but all adoptions must be done in person at the center at 440 N. Falkenburg Road. Tampa, Florida 33619.
Follow PRC on Facebook to get your daily dose of PRC animals!
Are you adopting and want to know the next steps? Check out these helpful tips:
• How to Introduce Your New Cat to Their New Home
• How to Introduce Your New Dog to His New Home
• New pet guide
• Be Your Pet’s Best Friend: Prepare an Emergency Plan
• Paw-tastic ways to spoil your pets
• 9 ways to protect your pets this summer
Photo Info: Hillsborough County Pet Resource Center volunteers read and comfort PRC pets.